Events -> Event
Public Testing - Bont Rally Stage
Join Slip&Grip Automotive on a public test day at Bont's 2.2 mile tarmac stage in Mid Wales (SY25 6BJ). Its an ideal venue for pre-event or pre-season testing for rally cars, sprint or hill climb cars, which is why we see some of the UK's top rally crews using this as their tarmac test venue. The stage has several layouts that can be adjusted depending on the crews needs on that day. Bont boasts some of the most challenging single venue tarmac in the UK and makes for the perfect proving ground for those who compete on tarmac rallies all over Europe. The venue has no noise limits and has a sufficiently sized tarmac paddock for crews to work on cars.
Club level and professional teams are welcome. The venue is also available for video and media use if required and private hire for testing as well. Public test days are limited to just 8 cars with every car getting unlimited runs through the day. The cost for these days is £166.67 + Vat per car.
Check out a video of the stage Here - Ex Works Impreza WRC (Anti-clockwise format with additional loop)
Check out another video of the stage Here - JWRC Jon Armstrong (Clockwise Format with additional loop)
Check out Club Day footage here from British Rally Media Here - Rallying History Club Day
Some Birds eye footage Here
Safety Requirements to Test at Bont:
- Competition Licence such as ARDS, Rally Licence, Sprint/Hill Climb Licence, or single day/full season IOPD comp licence that can be gained through us for £10
- Juniors must hold a valid Competition Licence to test at the venue
- Vehicle Must Have a Minimum of a suitable half roll cage for hard tops & full cage for soft tops
- Vehicle must have harnesses and approved racing seats (do not need to be in date)
- Must wear a helmet
- Where possible fire retardant clothing or overalls to be warn
- Must have at least 1KG hand held fire extinguisher or 50 second firestick
- No spectating is permitted on the stage itself
- A vehicle passport is not required
Test Days Include:
- Open pitlane unlimited testing 9am-5pm
- First Aid Cover
- Marshal Cover
- On Site Recovery
- Permit of RTA Exemption
- PL Insurance
- On Site Camping if Required
(Please note that Children under 16, pets and spectators are not permitted at Bont Rally Stage)
Monthly Set Date Testing - £166.67 + Vat (Max 8 Cars)
Exclusive day hire - £916.67 + Vat (6 Cars) Additional cars £120 + Vat (Max 10 cars) Please email or call us to request private testing.
For clubs or organisations with more than 10 cars wishing to hire the venue please get in touch for special package prices.
A minimum of 6 cars will be required to run a public test day. If a test day is not filled a refund or alternative date will be offered.
Once Payment is made a confirmation email will be sent out asking for your details on crews and cars.
(Please note Bont Rally Stage as a sports venue is only open by appointment only and days must be reserved and paid for in advance in order to use the stage or of course by booking one of our public test days when we are open)
This event is governed and regulated by the IOPD (International Organisation for Professional Drivers)
Bont Rally Stage is proudly sponsored by Plastics4Performance. The go too company for Lexen window kits, Windscreen tear offs, mud flaps, underbody protection and other rallying accessories.
*Please note that all event bookings are subject to our standard bookings terms and conditions.