Events -> Event
Spring Touge in The Valleys
Slip&Grip Automotive - Spring Touge In The Valleys 2020 - April 25th & 26th 2020
The ever popular Touge in The Valleys returns for Spring 2020. Set in the heart of Wales nestling on the side of a private mountain in a stunning valley, 2.2 miles of tight tarmac stage wind up around and down the peak providing one of the most unique motorsport venues in the UK. Perfect for testing your driving skills whether you drive a rally car, sprint car, hill climb car, drift car or trackday car. With plenty of media covering the event its also the perfect opportunity to give any sponsors you may have some good coverage or promote what you do in motorsport.
With many people are interested in times so we are implementing optional timing in 2020!! We will have a leaderboard for each day, clockwise and anti-clockwise on the stage. 1st in each Class will receive a £150 voucher towards any future Slip&Grip event.
With Camping on site Friday and Saturday night you can drive one or two days over the weekend. We will have a burger van on site with local fresh meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If your used to normal trackdays on wide open circuits this event provides a unique challenge that no other venue offers, with cars being released at minute intervals to tackle the tarmac over the mountain. A truly unique event providing an awesome atmosphere alongside an awesome driving road.
When you make your booking you will be sent a confirmation with a full set of rules and regulations as well as a course map and a breakdown of event schedule and information. Please note for 2020 the stage will be run clockwise on Saturday and Anti-Clockwise on Sunday.
- Single Day £90 Per Driver
- Two Days £170 Per Driver
(Up to 2 driver permitted per car)
Mid Wales Activity Centre - SY25 6BJ
Check out a video of the stage here:
Basic Rules and Regs:
- Drivers & Co-Drivers must wear helmets at all times on stage (Co-Driver not Required)
- Cars will be scrutineered and must be maintained and prepared to a high standard
- All cars must be at least to a road going standard with a minimum of a Half Cage (significant roll over bar), bucket seats and FIA/MSUK harnesses fitted as per manufacturers guidelines
- All cars must carry at least a 1KG hand held fire extinguisher thats mounted within reach of the vehicles crew
- Cars must have towing eyes fitted
- All tyre types are permitted
- No open wheel cars are permitted
- Timing is permitted at the event in car or by a marshal but it must be timed by a marshal to get on the leaderboard
Class A - Over 1901cc NA / Forced Induction
Class B - Up to 1900cc NA / Forced Induction
Class C - Under 1600cc N/A
(if you have any questions regarding regs or would like to see the full copy of regs prior to booking please contact us direct)
- Members of public and spectating are not permitted at this event, only drivers, co-drivers, vehicle mechanics, staff, marshals and media
- We supply a full medical crew and marshals for your safety
- All vehicle makes are welcome
Maxi Motorsport & Satchell Engineering Headline Sponsors for 2020 Touge in The Valleys Tarmac Events
Maxi Motorsport:- Fibreglass panels, wide track bodykits and lexan windows
Instagram - @tonypalfrey
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/maxicomposites/
Website - https://www.maximotorsport.com/
Satchell Engineering:- Machined components including wide track suspension kits, iTB kits and competition gear lever systems
Website - https://www.satchellengineering.co.uk/
Between the two companies they are the only official importers of Beckert sequential gearboxes which are a universal box that can be supplied with any bell housing to suit any engine. A range of H pattern dog boxes are also available.
*Please note that all event bookings are subject to our standard bookings terms and conditions.