Event Booking Terms & Conditions
- Bookings made through our website, and our and your rights and obligations in relation to such bookings, are governed by these terms and conditions.
- You will be asked to give your express agreement to these terms and conditions before you place an order on our website.
- This document does not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
In these terms and conditions:
- "force majeure event" means an event that is, or a series of related events that are, beyond our reasonable control.
- "booking" means a booking in respect of events , which may be made by you under these terms and conditions. Regardless of whether a "booking" is stated by us as being "free" or whether there is a related charged indicated by us and paid for by you, these same terms and conditions apply; and
- "you" means our customer or prospective customer under these terms and conditions (and "your" should be construed accordingly);
- "we" means Slip&Grip Automotive (and "us and "our" should be construed accordingly)
- The advertising of bookings on our website constitutes an "invitation to treat" rather than a contractual offer.
- No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure set out in this Section 3
- To make a booking through our website, the following steps must be taken: You must use the paypal button to go ahead with your order and conform with relevant Paypal Terms and conditions to proceed with the booking. Some personal information maybe required in order to complete the booking and for Slip&Grip Automotive to be able to contact or send you information in regards the event you booked.
- If you need to make any changes to your booking once made you can use the websites contact form to inform us of any changes you need to make.
- Our prices are quoted on our website.
- We will from time to time change the prices quoted on our website, but this may not affect contracts that have previously come into force.
- All amounts stated in these terms and conditions or on our website are stated inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated
- You must pay the applicable prices for your bookings during the checkout procedure and a booking will not be completed until full payment is made
- Once paid a confirmation will be sent to your paying email address usually within 48hrs
Variation of booking
- If you would like to change your booking in any way, you should contact us to discuss your requested changes. We reserve the right to accept or reject any changes you may request. Please use the website contact page or social media channels
- We may change the time and date and/or location of an event that is the subject of a booking by giving to you written notice of the change at least 14 days before the event is due to begin. If we notify you of a change to a booking, you shall have a right to cancel the booking and receive a full refund of the price paid in respect of the booking, providing that your notice of cancellation must be received by us within 7 days following the date of issue of our notification of the change. If your notice of cancellation is received after the end of that period, you will not be entitled to a refund unless Slip&Grip automotive decide otherwise.
Events, Vehicles & Licenses
All drivers at our events must hold a valid UK driver license
All drivers at Bont Dolebolion Rally Stage test days must hold an MSUK Rally, Sprint or circuit license. They may obtain a single day IOPD competition license providing they have previous track or motorsport experience. Under 16 junior can drive or co-drive providing they hold an MSUK junior license
Vehicles must be fit for purpose for the event you intend to attend, the safety regulations for each event or venue are set out on the website or via email in final instructons, if you turn up to and event with a car that does not conform you will be turned away without refund
Not conforming to rules and regulations set out for our events and venues for example putting others at risk will result in instant dismissal from that event or venue with a possible permanent ban with no refund for you booking
Cancellation of bookings Trackdays, Public Testing & Sprint Events
Any rights you may have under this Section are additional to your statutory rights.
- You may cancel a contract under these terms and conditions:
- Should an event be cancelled and its out of Slip&Grip Automotive hands, credit will be given towards any other upcoming event. If the customer can not make any other dates a refund can be issued once Slip&Grip Automotive have redeemed funds from the venue and other service hired. If a refund is requested the Paypal fee will be deducted when money is returned
- Should Slip&Grip Automotive cancel an event due to low numbers then all those that have paid are entitled to credit towards another event or a full refund of the event value
- No refund will be given if a customer notifies Slip&Grip Automotive within 30 days of the event
- If a slot is resold it must be sold at the value it was purchased at.
- An alternative is that you can re-sell your booking for an event to someone else but we must be informed at least 14 days before the event that has been booked.
- Or notify us at least 30 days before the event begins, in which case you will be entitled to a refund of 50% of the price paid under a contract under these terms and conditions.
Cancelation of Bookings Private Testdays
- Any rights you may have under this Section are additional to your statutory rights.
- If Slip&Grip are notified that the hirer wishes to change their private hire date for an alternative date this is possible providing we are notified more than 7 days before that booked date, if we are notified within 7 days of the booked date a refund or alternate date may not be given
- If a customer wishes to cancel their date and receive a refund Slip&Grip must be notified at least 10 days before the booked date, a refund will then be issued within 7 days minus a £50 admin fee
Warranties and representations
- You warrant and represent to us that:
- all the information that you provide to us in connection with your order is true, accurate, complete, current and non-misleading.
- you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these terms and conditions; and
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- We warrant to you that any services we may supply to you under these terms and conditions or in connection with a booking will be supplied with reasonable care and skill.
- All of our warranties and representations relating to bookings are set out in these terms and conditions. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to point one of the Section entitled "Limitations and exclusions of liability", all other warranties and representations are expressly excluded.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Nothing in a contract under these terms and conditions will:
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law, and any statutory rights you may have as a consumer will not be excluded or limited by these terms and conditions, except to the extent permitted by law.
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 9 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
- are subject to point one of this section; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- Our aggregate liability to you in respect of a contract under these terms and conditions shall not exceed:
- the total amount paid and payable to us under that contract.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- A revision of these terms and conditions will apply to contracts entered into at any time following the time of the revision, but will not affect contracts made before the time of the revision.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions providing that such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms and conditions.
- You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- No breach of any provision of a contract under these terms and conditions will be waived except with the express written consent of the party not in breach.
- No waiver of any breach of any provision of a contract under these terms and conditions shall be construed as a further or continuing waiver of any other breach of that provision or any breach of any other provision of that contract.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
- A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties' rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- Subject to point one of the Section entitled "Limitations and exclusions of liability", these terms and conditions together with the booking information page on our website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to bookings made through our website, and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to such bookings.
Law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- We will not file a copy of these terms and conditions specifically in relation to each user or customer and, if we update these terms and conditions, the version to which you originally agreed will no longer be available on our website. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- These terms and conditions are available in the English language only.
- The website of the European Union's online dispute resolution platform is available at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main. The online dispute resolution platform may be used for resolving disputes.
- This website is owned and operated by Slip&Grip Automotive
- You can contact us via the Contact page of this website
Images at events
- Any media that is taken at our events may be used and posted publicly for future marketing and as such your car maybe used for publication or marketing purposes. if you require for your vehicle not to be used in any media please notify us before you attend the event. Any images that are shared or used must keep their watermark at all times unless you have permission to remove it
- All media taken by individuals or media companies at Slip&Grip events should willingly allow Slip&Grip to use their media content where they see fit on website, social media or on event marketing
Website Use Terms
- These terms and conditions shall govern your use of the Slip&Grip Automotive website.
- By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal.
- Copyright © 2021
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
Licence to use website
- You may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser
- print pages from our website
- stream audio and video files from our website
- use our website services by means of a web browser subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
- Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website including republication on another website
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website
- show any material from our website in public
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose
- redistribute material from our website.
- Notwithstanding Section 4.5, you may redistribute our newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting on or in relation to our website without our express written consent
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing.
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
Your content: licence
- In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all works and materials including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
- You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media OR reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this website and any successor website OR reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to this website.
- You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under point 2 of this section
- You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under point 2 of this section
- You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
Your content: rules
- You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law.
- Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false
- be obscene or indecent
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation
- be blasphemous
- be in breach of official secrets legislation
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person
- depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner
- be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage
- constitute spam
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person
Breaches of these terms and conditions
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings
- temporarily suspend your access to our website
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise
- Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation [creating and/or using a different account)